Woodward’s Garage has a long history in Southwest Michigan. Located in Kalamazoo, the business was originally established in 1927 by the grandfather of Theodore (Buss) Woodward. In 1930, a partnership was formed by the Woodward family and Dowd Family. The business was known as Dowd & Woodward’s Garage. Sometime during the 1940’s the Dowd name was dropped and it became known as Woodward’s Garage.
In 1946, the Penny family established a presence in the business when Neil Penny started employment at the garage after World War II. Neil Penny secured full ownership of Woodward’s Garage in 1960. Ron Penny - the current owner - started working at the garage as a youth and became a full time employee upon graduating from high school in 1970.
In 1985, Ron Penny secured full ownership of Woodward's Garage. In 1999, Greg joined the team and is currently working in the front office servicing clients. Currently, the Kalamazoo location has twelve auto technicians that specialize in complete automotive repair. Over the past 80 plus years, Woodward's Garage has grown from a two bay wooden garage to a twelve bay service center.
In 2004, Penny Automotive was established in Three Rivers to meet the growing needs of their clients in Southwest Michigan. The Three Rivers location has seven bays with five auto technicians providing complete automotive repair. The Three Rivers team includes Ryan as the shop manager and Brad who services the clients in the front office. With the two locations, Woodward's Garage and Penny Automotive have become the largerst independent auto repair facilities in Southwest Michigan.
Kalamazoo Chamber of Commerce
Current & Past Contributors to:
Three Rivers Little League